Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Twins

Dear strangers,

Is there any identical twins around you? I have twins friend from primary school whom I met up occasionally on the weekend. They are identical twins but I can tell who is who. Twins, they look alike but not alike, an article from National Geographic January 2012 issue. There are a lot of interesting stories about twins, identical or fraternal twins. Every first weekend in August, thousands of twins comes to Twinsburg, Ohio to celebrate three days - Twins days festival. Maybe sometimes it is hard to identified one to another, even they are virtually share the same genetic code.

There is one case that pretty interesting called 'Jim Twins', both born in Ohio in 1939, adopted by different couples, both named Jim, Jim Springer and Jim Lewis, they were separated from birth and reconnected at the age of 39 in 1979. When they reconnected they found out a string of coincidence and similarities, both of them about 6 feet tall and 180 pounds. They had dog named Toy. When they were young they married women name Linda and divorce them, their second wife both name Betty. They have son both name James Allan. They'd both served party time sheriffs, smoke Salem cigarette and drank Miller Lite Beer. They had same smile and indistinguishable voice. It is amazed me how they reconnected and have a lot of similarities even tho they were apart.

There is another case in Canada when a couple from Ontario adopted a baby girl from orphanage, in 2000, they took holidays to China and saw a girl look like their daughters and found out that that little girl is the other long lost twin who is staying in Toronto. Wow, imagine it took both of them half the world away to reconnected and found out that they actually have another half. I am wondering if it could happened to me?

Well, I just want to share what I think is interesting from what I read. I will select some other interesting topic. I just loaded with NatGeo and NatGeoTraveler magazine! What a happy little girl I am :D

No comments: