Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Lunch Out!

Dear strangers,

I am still waiting for the interview results, my gosh, the feeling of nervous and curious mix into one and I can't sleep well at nights made everything perfect. Out of sudden there are not many vacancies on the net, I need to look and apply more tomorrow. Somehow I wish I was in States enjoying my time with my friends rather than do nothing here - job hunting sometimes makes me bit depressed.

I went for lunch on Tuesday with Rachel and uncle Low at Red Mills - Valley Point. It used to be my fave sandwich shop, they just recently increased the price and the quality of the sandwich is not as tasty as before. I quite disappointed with the Grilled Chicken sandwich I had. We had a little bit catch up over the lunch and Rachel brought me all my mails that I sent to my ex company. I got a few copies of NatGeo and NatGeoTraveler, it made me happy. Somehow I miss the old time when we were at Delta House.

Today, I explored another side of Duxton, had lunch with Desiree at The Wok and Barrel. It is located at Duxton hills, one of the shop houses. The interior of the place is not as nice as the Selfish Gene Cafe. They have a lot of unique beers that I never seen anywhere else. Desiree told me, every weekdays 5-7 pm happy hour and they serve pizza for SGD 5.9. We had the lunch menu, mostly were nasi lemak combo (price range from 7-10 dollars). I chose nasi lemak with pork fillet. The nasi lemak has similar taste with Indonesian's nasi uduk, which I like it. The food was OK not that funtastic. After that we stroll around. I love the Duxton neighbour hood where all the colourful shop houses located, it brought back all the ancient feelings. We went to get fruit juice at Amoy St Food Court, I think the stall was one of the famous one with long queue, they sells a few combos of fruit juice, I tried Papaya Pineapple and Milk. I love the taste! Desiree bought the Carrot - Pear - Apple - Mango the taste not bad. The fruit juice worth the queue and the price, 2 dollars for all the combo fruits juice.

Oh, I never posted before about the Selfish Gene Cafe, upps! Ok couple weeks ago, I had another lunch with Desiree at Selfish Gene Cafe - Craig Rd. The interior was nice, it has the industrial feeling. The cafe serves sandwich, when I went there the Pork sandwich with green apple was sold out. Pork and green apple are the best combo! I love it, too bad I didn't have chance to try it maybe next time, so I tried their best selling sandwich which is beef sandwich. It was yummy with mustard and rockets leaves. Over all the food is OK for the price range from 10-12 dollars.

I spent the rest of afternoon at home sleeping and now I don't know what to do. Any ideas?



My NatGeo!


Nasi Lemak with fried pork fillet - Lunch at The Wok and Barrel- Duxton!


Selfish Gene Cafe at Craig Rd


Beef Sandwich!

No comments: