Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tuesday Stroll!







Dear strangers,

It was kinda hot and bright today. Few months ago when my cousin was in town, I remembered I saw one magazine at Intercontinental Hotel talking about the new refurbish shop houses at Tiong Bahru area, I kept that in mind and today I decided to check it out. The place is not that far from my house, a few bus stops away. I had to do a little bit of walking to this small street call Yong Saik Road. The road is short, about 300 m, surrounded by 5 storey old apartments. It doesnt take much of my time to stroll around there. The first cafe I notice was Potato, I took a little peek inside, the interior is nice, industrial theme with bricks wall - black frames - minimalist. It is newly open judging from the flowers and congratulations notes on the main entrance. Next to it there is a small cafe, fully packed, call 40 handscofee. I wanted to go in and try a cup of coffee somehow I didnt make a move to get in there, I don't really like crowded place. I looked at the shop opposite of the cafe, Books Actually, the independent book shop - the main highlight of the magazine I read at the hotel. The shop is not that small filled with books from vintage books to the new releases. The price is far too expensive comparing to Kinokuniya. I really had no idea why they put the price so high, if they sell vintage and maybe a few rare books I can accept that but those books are common books that I can get it everywhere else and cheaper. I didnt spent too much time there after I checked the back of the house which filled with a lot of vintage table ware and some history books I left.





I walked down to the main street and looked at the time, it still 4pm. After considering a few possible places to go I took bus to Chinatown. I was thinking to go to Ann Siang Road, had a cup of coffee and read my book but my feet brought me to different place. I get off from the bus and walked to different direction from my destination. I made a call on the way and viola I ended up going to Keong Saik Rd - where the French restaurant is. When I reached there, Alex was in front of the door. I am so glad to see him, it was quite sometimes from the last time I saw him. I had a little chat with him before he left for his hair cut. I spent a couple hours there chat with Manuel and helping him with the teas. There are soooo many teas there and really made me confuse before I made a move, Manuel gave me a few tea bags from France to try at home. I chose my fave Earl Grey and some weird tea. Meri beacoup! x












It almost 6 when I left the restaurant, leave them to prepare for their dinner service at 7pm. I completely forgot about Ann Siang Road and walked towards Duxton Hill. I passed by the small dodgy road Desiree showed me the other day and made my to Tanjong Pagar to take bus home. I did some of my groceries before I head home. Deciding to eat in or out. I had a little bit food at home and I went out for dinner with Nyuk at Botak Jones, finally after few weeks I havent seen him :D. After had chat I went to Fair Price finest to get Sunkist drinks that I have been craving for the past few days.

Sometimes you really miss those friends who can just accept you the way you are and don't think too much.

Laters!
xxx

No comments: