Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Paris and Beyond Part 1


Paris j'etaime!

When I reached Paris on the first day, I already put the Musee de lourve - as a must visit place, especially for art lovers. It is HUGE and I don't have much time wander around here only a few wings. I came here with my mom, she is not a big fan of paintings, I really have to promised her that I will bring her shopping for the rest of the days in exchange to go in to the Musee de lourve. I spent almost a day here and still can't finish all the levels and wings but I saw some of my fave painter's original painting inside like Johannes Vermeer, well if you don't know how is he, he is the one who painted 'the girl in pear earrings'. The famous Monalisa is in this museum too, my mom got excited to see this painting, it is not a big piece, framed with bullet proof glass and all those high tech security. The significant part of the museum is glass pyramid, it was designed by I M Pei, one bonus point to attend History of Architecture class :D. Ticket entry is 9 Euro, I think it is free on first Sunday every month.

Montmarte and Moulin Rouge. Very crowded - see the bird eye view of Paris from the Chapel on the top of Montmarte. You cant miss the famous Moulin Rouge too!!!

One of Paris' symbol. Arc de triomphe

The Seine. Located in city centre, have a afternoon walked here and enjoy the view of Seine river or go for the cruise along the river.

Eiffel Tower - it is a must visit place. It is one of my fave place in Paris. Enjoy the afternoon picnic and checking out tourists posing there!





Notre Dame de Paris

I was excited to explore this place since I read the Hunchback of Notre Dame. It is not a big church, the architecture details is amazing and I like the gargoyle statue on the top of the church.



No comments: