Thursday, August 18, 2011

New Year's Eve 2009 at Allendale

My first new year being away so far from home and being around strangers but I was lucky I did not celebrating the new year alone, I was at Allendale to watch this fascinating celebration there. It is a tradition in New Year's eve called the 'flaming barrel festival', which every elderly that born in the village to carry the barrels with the fire, they will march around the town and the march will be ended at the city centre where they set up a bonfire. It was so crowded, I think the whole village was there and some people from outside came to watch it, after the bonfire like usual British people tradition is to hop on from one pub to another and visiting some neighbours get drink and wasted. I enjoyed the celebration.












No comments: