Monday, May 21, 2012

Jakarta Gateway + Wedding Reception

Dear strangers,

It was a good and not so fun weekend for me. I flew off to Jakarta on Friday night, yes what I have been waiting for finally. It was the first time for me went back together with friends, its kind of funny walking around in big group while I always disappear every 5 minutes drawn into my own world looking for chocolates. So yeah before I boarded on the plane I called Nani, unexpectedly she told me that she was in Bogor since morning, means she screwed the whole plan. I felt bad because Alba and Rafki had already make their time for me and I will feel worst if they had to send me all the way to Bogor, so by the time I reached Jakarta I told them that I am going to Bogor with Nyuk, since he has being so kind hearted offered me a lift. Well 3am I reached Nani's house after supper and another supper.

The next day, I met the girls and had lunch with them, hang out a little bit and then off for dinner, yeah when I go back everything I do is only eat and eat and eat. I met Ory and the girlfriend at De Daunan Cafe inside the Botanical Garden. Honestly I dont like the food, the place and the service. 

On Sunday, it was the day I waited for, my friend's wedding. We arrived earlier and coincidentally, we arrived together with the guys. The opening of the wedding was fun, followed by the speech from the groom, cut the cake, shakes hand, photos with the group of friends and say hello to the crowd. Well I hate wedding if its not just because of my close friend, I would not attend the wedding, I hate meeting the old high school friends, they keep asking you the same questions while you never asked the back because you have no interest to start the topic in first place, so the conversation and everything became awkward. While I was standing and talking to the girls, suddenly an old friend appeared with her boyfriend, its another awkward moment, I don't like the boyfriend and I dont like the way she treats us. So yeah, she came without saying hello and left without a goodbye. I would enjoy the party more if I have more time to hang out with my circle of friends, the people I used to know and hang out with. 

Well, I have to wake up and accept that people grow up and grow apart, we might still the same but our circle of friends, work and where we lived are different and it makes us grow apart slowly. When one of the friend has gf/bf from other circle it is hard for the bf/gf to blend with us and in the end our friend chose to be with theirs than us, slowly the wall built and again we are drifted away from our friends, if the relationship last long and happily ever after maybe we won't regret with the decision to ditch our friendship but when everything goes wrong, again friends are just like a garbage bin. At one point after the reception this is how I felt and I am not sure what am I now and what are they now.

Now, I am back in Singapore, which make me feel a little bit relieved, I miss Singapore when I am away, I miss the public transport and time where I dont have to waste a lot of time on the road, and I miss hang out with the people I used to know without being interrupted by others.



My project finally done! I am so glad!




The girls before and on the wedding reception!


My fave drink before I leave Jakarta. Sayonara Jakarta till we meet again (not so soon I guess)

No comments: