Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Lover's Dictionary

dumfounded (noun) 
and still, for all the jealousy, all the doubt, sometimes I will be struck with a kind of awe that we're together. That someone like me could find someone like you - it renders me wordless. Because surely words would conspire such luck, would protest the unlikelihood of such a turn of events.
I didn't tell any of my friends about our first date. I waited until after the second, because I wanted to make sure it was real. I would not believe it had happened until it had happened again. Then later on, I would be overwhelmed by evidence by the line connecting you to me and us to love. (from The Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan)

dumfounded (noun)

I still amazed how how we started and we've gotten this far. It was not a good day for me, tiring trip with a bit argument with my traveling partner. I stepped on the boat and you were there smiling at me. A smile that I could not forget. I just stared at you blankly and I don't know what to say.

In the evening I was talking to your traveling partner and there where we started. Everything happened in split second. You told me your story how you ended up on the boat, I told you mine.

Every time I told someone or my friend about us they thought my story was from the book, or it was like from a movie.

:::::

encroach (verb)
The first three nights we spent together, I couldn't sleep. I wasn't used to your breathing, your feet on my legs, your weight in bed. In truth, I sleep better when I'm alone. But now I allow that sleep isn't always the most important thing. (from The Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan)

encroach (verb)

It was our first few days traveling together, when I ordered my lunch or dinner, you always steal the food from my plate and later it becomes habits for you to eat from my plate. Your friend said that we look like an old marriage couple. but now I am okay with it, I think it is cute.

:::::

exacerbate (verb)  
I believe your exact word were: 'you're getting too emotional'. (from The Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan)

exacerbate

'you are talking non sense', that what you always says when I am having my negative thoughts and start to cried.


:::::

fallible (adj)
I was hurt, of course I was hurt. but in preserve way. I was relieved that you were the one who made the mistake. It made me worry less about myself. 
(from The Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan)

fallible

when we gotten into arguments and you said something that hurts me, you will repeatedly saying sorry. maybe it was both of us mistake.

:::::

traverse (verb)
You started to cry, and I quickly said, "No -- I mean this part is over. We have to get to the next part."And you said, "I'm not sure we can."Without even having to think about it, I replied, "Of course we can.""How can you be so sure?" you asked.And I said, "I'm sure. Isn't that enough?” 
 (from The Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan) 

traverse

I cried when you said we should be just friends. It hurts me a lot. I tried to move on but again you pull me back and said that it is too sad for you too. I don't know how many times we've done this but I think we just belong to each other.

:::::

Posterity, n.I try not to think about us growing old together, mostly because I try not to think about growing old at all. Both things - the years passing, the years together - are too enormous to contemplate. But one morning, I gave in. You were asleep, and I imagined you older and older. Your hair graying, your skin folded and creased, your breath catching. And I found myself thinking: If this continues, if this goes on, then when I die, your memories of me will be my greatest accomplishment. Your memories will be my most lasting impression.”  (from The Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan)

Posterity

I live in the present. We live in the present, every time you always told me that 'we will never know what is in the future', you don't plan, you live day by day. I am just hoping that day will come when I can really spend days and nights with you like a normal couple. I am just afraid that day will never come, and you will be gone.

:::::

suffuse, v.
I dont like it when you use my shampoo, because then your hair smells like me, not you.
 (from The Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan)

suffuse

your words is mine. my words is yours. I started to talk using yours and you started to talk like me.

:::::

quintessence, n
it's the way you say like you're genuinely thankful. I have never met anyone else who does that on regular basis.
 (from The Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan)

quintessence

every time we eat out, you always told me to look at the waiter eyes, smiled and say thank you. I have never met anyone else who does that on regular basis.

:::::

recant,v
... I want to take back the time I said you were a genius, because I was being sarcastic and I should have just said you'd hurt my feelings. 
 (from The Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan)

recant

If I could turn back time, I wished I didn't say all the stupid things to you. I don't hate you, I never and I am not capable of doing it.

:::::

fraught, adj
does every ' I love you' deserve an 'I love  you too?' does every kiss deserve a kiss back? does every night deserve to be spent on a lover? if the answer to any of these is 'no', what do we do? 
 (from The Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan)

fraught
every night before I sleep I wished you kiss me good night and say that you love me.


No comments: