Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Painting


I came across to do some research about what is the best art supplier brand, most of people who don't really know how to appreciate art and colours they will just simply buy some commercial brands that easy to buy like Faber Castle or Staedler. They are good for some range like the pencils, personally I prefer Staedler, for your info both brands are manufactured in Germany.

Most of my art supply I get it from Daler Rowney I feel that the oil paint is rich with pigments and suit my needs, it is not that expensive still reasonable, I never use Winsor and Newton (not yet, I will try it!), both brands are from England, very famous and easily to find.

So after I browse around I saw this brand Rembrandt which is very rare and hard to find, I think it is just supplying for pastels colours and another one is Sennelier. Sennelier is a French supplier and I never heard of it, the price is quite expensive but Monet, Picasso and Van Gogh used it for their paintings, even they special made some paints for Picasso. The water colour painting above is drawn by a watercolourist from NY link here, it shows the facade of the shop since 1887 in Paris, it looks very vintage. I can imagine seeing myself shop some colours there :D

I really want to try it. Hopefully I can find it here. For me those colours are like candies and chocolate to the kids.

No comments: